Thursday, May 6, 2010

And I Said, What About Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Last Friday the BFF and I happened to pop into a Sally Beauty Supply store and as she looked for a nail strengthener, I became enamored by thee most beautiful nail polish color I had ever seen...a beautiful light blue color that reminded me of the color of a Tiffany's box. So I picked it up for further inspection and what do you know? It was called "For Audrey" and was only $5.99...and at that moment I decided that it was coming home with me. Tonight I finally got the chance to swipe it on just to try it out, and in only one quick, sloppy coat, the color was just as beautiful as it looked in the bottle. But pictures don't do this color justice. It is literally the same color as a Tiffany's box...light blue with that slight hint of teal/green.


Inspired by this gorgeous find, I also picked up another pastel-like color this weekend, a minty green color from Pure Ice called "Free Spirit" for only $2.99 at Wal-Mart. It reminds me a lot of the Essie color "Mint Candy Apple," just a few bucks cheaper. Here is the trial run of that, after 2 coats (this is a thinner formula):


After this quick trial, I actually really like both colors of polish...but the China Glaze color is much more unique and the formula was a lot better. Definitely not as good as Sally Hansen Salon Manicure, but good. Both colors are perfect for spring and are bold enough to make a statement, but not super loud.

I think they would look much better on a sunny day, though. This rainy, cloudy weather does not do my new friends justice. ;)

♥Case

5 comments:

  1. I am seriously running (not walking) to the Sally's tomorrow for that fab shade "For Audrey"! Perfect spring shade and so classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that shade of blue! I've seen so many people rave about it on Youtube too. May have to pick it up one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i may have to try that blue out! i've been looking for a good blue that doesn't look bad against my pale skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it was not 11:12 pm right now, I would be driving to sally to grab that. Supppper cute color!


    - Franceta ;)
    http://franticdreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! I would definitely recommend picking it ASAP ladies!! :) thanks for the comments!!

    ReplyDelete