Saturday, October 9, 2010

Pattern Mixing

Posted this on my Twitter so I thought I'd post it here for some reader advice! I was out shopping today and tried these two items on separately, and then thought, "Hey...what if I tried that pattern mixing business that is so popular these days?" Now I have never done this before and I am really bad at it, that I know for sure. So I thought maybe you could help.
So am I getting this right or no? I bought them thinking I would try them on and think about it some more...but I can't decide if this top and cardi should stay with me or go back to the store.
I feel like it looks kind of funky/eclectic...but those of you who feel more talented at pattern mixing- Help! What do you think?

♥Case

10 comments:

  1. Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks great. Good Job! patten mixing can be hard, but you nailed it. It takes some getting used to if you haven't done it before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think they look good together, perfect color feel for fall too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like it. It looks like the top has a little bit of blue or purple and it compliments the cardi really well. Overall, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the way it looks, very cute. the combination is great :)

    P.S i sent you an email!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a disaster at pattern mixing but I think this combination gives out a good vibe! You've just inspired me to try some pattern mixing of my own!
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you nail it, the flower complimemts the cardi

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it looks cute! The key is to staying within a complimentary color palette when you are mixing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it looks good together! The shirt underneath has a pretty fine pattern, while the stripes are bigger, and adding that onto their main color of gray, I think they tie together perfectly!

    ReplyDelete