Thursday, July 8, 2010

Lazy Summer Beauty Routine

A poolside conversation with one of the S's got me to thinking about how my summer beauty routine is different from any other time of year. Typically, I don't do much in the way of changing the products I use based on the weather, I usually just have a different routine for day and evening, but this summer I actually did change things up a bit, so I wanted to share with you. This is my "quick and easy I don't feel like putting on makeup but still want to look pretty" method.

I start by mixing together some Laura Mercier Oil Free Tinted Moisturizer and some Fresh High Noon Freshface Glow and applying it all over my face with my fingers. Then I apply Urban Decay Primer Potion to my eyelids, mark. Eyemarker Eyeliner in Java to my top & bottom lashlines, and some Maybelline Great Lash BIG to make my lashes pop. Then I put Benefit Benetint on my cheeks and lips and blend.
Last but not least I use one of my mark. mini brushes to apply some Smashbox Baked powder (can't find this online anywhere- must be a retired product...I got mine for $5) over my entire face to create a more bronzy glow.
If I'm feeling saucy, I also add some eyeshadow from my Smashbox Eyelights Palette in Strobe to make my eyes appear brighter.
I curl my eyelashes, throw on a little gloss and there you have it! A quick and easy daytime summer beauty routine!

I am curious- what are your go-to summer beauty products?

♥Case

3 comments:

  1. Mac spf 15 tinted moisturizer, eyelash curler, Cover Girl lash blast mascara, Mac bronzer, Rosebud's strawberry lip balm & Mac Viva Glam Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhhhh...I love the color of Viva Glam Gaga but never bought any...I need to get some of that!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't use much in the summer, except Neutrogena oil free moisterizer. If I do wear makeup, then I keep it simple with as little product as possible.

    I was wondering, have you ever tried any other type of eyelid primers? I've heard raves about the urban decay primer, and I bought it, and I have to say I wasn't that impressed. I've used Benefit Lemonaid for a few years and I lvoe that one. It's creamy though so you have to get your fingers dirty, but for me it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete