Monday, April 19, 2010

Lucky Inspiration...Day Two!?!?

So, I am very proud of myself for once again using Lucky mag's April month of outfits inspiration calendar. This look is called New School Preppy. While I don't think I actually captured the essence of "preppy" per say, I had a lot of fun using items that I already had in my closet trying to piece together a similar look...and let me tell you, it was not easy. And yes I'm wearing white...fashion rules, shmashion rules. :) Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how I feel about all these pieces together, but I guess I'm doing better than my hoodie and jeans days back in college.

This dress combines three of my favorite things ever: floral print, zippers, and denim (or at least the look of denim.) I found it at Target back in February when I discovered the Pure Energy line. They've got a lot of super cute stuff right now for summer. If you haven't checked this stuff out yet, you need to. You will not be disappointed!
Dress: Target, $24.99
Cardigan: Old Navy, $26.50
Belt: Old Navy, $14.50
Shoes: Old Navy, $24.50
Bag: Local Boutique, $70

And of course, the BF had to snap a shot of me acting goofy...

This picture is pretty indicative of my day today...absolutely crazy! But I thought you might get a little giggle out of it. I did. (Oh! and sorry for the funny lighting in these pics. My camera is acting up.)

Hope your week is off to a fantastic start!
♥Case

PS- Please leave a comment if you're stopping by, even if it's just to say hi! I'd love to hear from you :)

8 comments:

  1. aaaww! u just get cuter and cuter dont u? dont mind if i repost again! keep it comin! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are SO sweet! of course! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look lovely! these lucky challenges make me wish i didn't wear a uniform for work!! lucky ladies...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Shoes are super cute too. You are really inspiring me with the belts. I must go find some!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so cute! I really like this outfit because I love "preppy" fashion.

    P.S. Thank you for all your comments and including me on your blogroll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. re-posted my love! (finally)

    http://bigbeautyfulmess.blogspot.com/2010/04/grown-up-schoolgirl.html

    xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this dress! I haven't posted the pics of me wearing it on the blog yet, but I really like it. I like the way you styled it, hope you don't mind if I copy it later on, hehe.

    ReplyDelete